Agents & Valets
It is not mandatory for jockeys to have a valet or an agent but the vast majority of jockeys choose to employ their services and they form an integral part of their support team.
- A full list of BHA registered agents can be found on the RacingAdmin website which all jockeys have access to from their first licence. For any queries about the RacingAdmin website, contact Weatherbys on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jockeys need to appoint an agent by sending a written agreement to Weatherbys. Jockeys must also notify Weatherbys if they change their agent.
- Jockeys negotiate their agent’s fees on an individual basis.
- The valet fees are set and deducted from a jockey’s riding fee.
- To appoint a valet, jockeys need to sign and submit a valet authority form to Weatherbys which can be obtained from their chosen valet or by contacting Weatherbys.