Nutrition is essential to all sports. For the Jockey, it is important to achieve the right balance of food and drinks to maintain health, whilst keeping pace with a hectic lifestyle, and to reduce the risks of a sport that involves making weight on a regular basis.
The PJA Nutrition Team is composed of Julia Scott Douglas (leader), Daniel Martin and Hannah Trotman. Many of you will have met us at race courses or will have seen our fact sheets and newsletters. We are there to offer nutritional support with dietary queries, making weight, and menu ideas.
There are several ways for professional jockeys to get in touch with the Nutrition team for advice, support and information or to arrange a one-to-one consultation at a time/venue to suit you:
- Complete our short online survey requesting individual nutritional advice by clicking here (don’t forget your email address!)
- Julia Scott Douglas (East/Midlands): 07768 996296
- Dan Martin (North & LJMU): 07902 151916
- Hannah Trotman (South): 07772 508999
- Weekly clinics at Oaksey House on Tuesday afternoons and on Wednesday afternoons at Jack Berry House
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Twitter: @PJAOfficial
- Facebook: PJA Nutrition Team page
Can’t attend a clinic? We can organise a one-to-one skype consultation with a nutrition team member at a time convenient to you.